
Sorry I haven't been writing recently, but I just came back from spending 10 days in B.C. It was a good week with lots of encouraging things and a few discouraging things. I love visiting home even if it's just a short visit!
One VERY encouraging thing that happened this past week is my niece (well sort of, cousin's daughter) started to walk. You may be thinking, "so what? shouldn't all 1.5 year olds walk?" Well, she's a special girl. She was diagnosed with Spina bifida over a year ago, and the doctors said due to her leg, which had it's own complications, she would not walk without a brace or walker for the rest of her life. You can imagine how devastating that was for her parents to hear. Spina bifida is one of those disabilities where the actual outcome can range from total mental retardation to pretty much a normal kid. So we didn't know what to expect...all we could do was pray. And last week I saw her take about 10 perfect steps across the room! It was a total miracle and reminded me of the goodness of God. And it also reminds me that God does answer prayer despite my lack of faith! Published by Mindy on Saturday, March 03, 2007 at 5:46 PM.
3 Comments



uch an adorable picture!
Praise God!!
that's awesome! watching any child take his/her first steps is exciting enough, but wow, this is so much more exciting.
hi mindy, been a while, huh? :-)
What a special moment!! Praise God!
Love you...