Go Go Gadget Legs


This post is not a pleasant one. Luckily for you, I ranted most of my annoyance and frustrated feelings on Tom, who proceeded to give me sound advice which I will share later. The problem is I am stuck in the abyss of old young adulthood. No seriously, I just got back from a women's event at my church and it made me so mad because I can't connect with young married's because they look at me and think I am 22. Not joking, someone actually said that to me tonight. But then there aren't many "young adults" that have been married for 3 years and are in their "career" and thinking about starting a family in the next couple years. So there you have it...to the young mother's (around 28-32) I am 22 and they probably don't have anything in common with me; and to the 24-26 year old's I am married and settled and therefore in a different stage of life that them, so they probably don't have much in common with me. It's so frustrating, cause women at these events treat me so young. Like what do I need to do? Get a 'older' haircut? All I want to do is look 26! Is that too much to ask for? To find an age group I fit into? Sick. Tom suggested I shave a horse shoe shape on the top of my head and pencil in a beard...and when I said I would just look crazy, he replied, "no it's good, they'll say, look at that crazy old women!" yes Tom. Sound advice as usual.

So I am thoroughly annoyed tonight at the fact that I look so young. And if one more person says, "oh you're so lucky to look young, people would kill to look 22 blah blah blah [insert high pitch obnoxious voice here] I am going to beat somebody up.

Published by Mindy on Sunday, January 28, 2007 at 8:17 PM.
7 Comments

7 Responses to “Rant on Age”

  1. # Blogger S.

    Yeah Mindy, I suggest you start aging ASAP.  

  2. # Blogger Kelley Anne

    looking young but old yet single myself, I still feel your pain Mindy!  

  3. # Blogger Jon

    You?!?! are complaining about looking young? come on... you could be me instead. I won't tell you how young people have assumed I am recently, but 22 would have been completmentary in comparison.  

  4. # Blogger Cheryl & Darrell

    erm. can i be there to witness the "beating up" part of this equation? it would seriously make my day  

  5. # Blogger Justin E. Chan

    Hha. that's a good laugh. I've been told lately that I look old.. i use to get mistaken for being 22 but all of a sudden everyone knows that I'm 26... they get the age right on the dot..
    let's see what did I do: stop wearing hoodies in public, dressed more business casual, told ppl how long I went to school for.. hahaa.  

  6. # Blogger Arnold

    My dad can testify to your eternal youthful beauty. Live with it and move on. My community group has told me I look 22 years old too. I say "Great!" Glad I'm not becoming a creepy old man.

    Peace.  

  7. # Blogger Unknown

    I understand. All the young marrieds are...well it's just complicated.
    We should chat sometime on the phone in the near future.
    Miss ya!
    xo  

Post a Comment



© 2006 Go Go Gadget Legs | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.