So I apologize for my lack of effort in the blogger world lately...I was in Calgary for two weeks, and although I did have fun things to blog about (like meeting old ladies and eating lunch at a Sears restaurant for the sake of the ministry) I just never got a chance to sit down and blog.
What's on my mind today: It's funny how people ask you if you 'feel' different/older on your birthday...b/c I really don't know how you possibly could...It's just another arbitrary day, right?! It's really a dumb question when you think about it, I mean really, it's not like you wake up on your 24th b-day and have longer legs and a larger waist or something. I guess, it's one of my pet peeves...
What is a birthday anyways? Half the people we met in Africa didn't even know their birthdays, so they just made one up. I thought that was kinda cute. Our live-in helper, Mariatu, was a very devote Christian and her birthday happen to be Dec. 25...we all wondered whether that was a coincidence or not...:)
Due to the content in this blog...the content that reveals that it may have been my birthday recently and how old I am, this message with self-destruct in five, four, three, two...boooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
You still there? Shoot. I squished myself in that bomb-proof box for nothing.
Oh well.
Published by Mindy on Monday, November 08, 2004 at 5:54 PM.
1 Comments



Happy Birthday!!