yep, that's right.
It all started when I took a leap and joined the masters swim club...it's a club for all adults who can swim competitively or non-competitively - whatever they choose. Most people just join for fitness, as with myself. So here I am, like a kid on her first day of school, hoping that I was good enough and that the other "kids" wouldn't laugh at me...and that I would make friends so I would have someone to talk to. Haha, flashback to the good ol' days of recess and chalkboards.
But no seriously, there was this women (pretty fit for an 75-80 year old women which gave me hope :) and she could swim more lengths than me (she swam about a hundred in an hour just to give you an idea)! But she, in some weird, twilight zone way totally looked like me when I am 80. She had my same body structure (except she was about 4 inches shorter, which is approx. what I will be when I shrink to my destined senior size) and she had strawberry blonde hair and the same skin tone as me. There are more details that I won't go into, but let's just say it was a weird encounter to say the least, and I think I will be traumatized from it for the next year or so.
Old age isn't so bad when you consider the alternative.
- Maurice Chevalier Published by Mindy on Sunday, February 27, 2005 at 10:19 PM.
1 Comments
It all started when I took a leap and joined the masters swim club...it's a club for all adults who can swim competitively or non-competitively - whatever they choose. Most people just join for fitness, as with myself. So here I am, like a kid on her first day of school, hoping that I was good enough and that the other "kids" wouldn't laugh at me...and that I would make friends so I would have someone to talk to. Haha, flashback to the good ol' days of recess and chalkboards.
But no seriously, there was this women (pretty fit for an 75-80 year old women which gave me hope :) and she could swim more lengths than me (she swam about a hundred in an hour just to give you an idea)! But she, in some weird, twilight zone way totally looked like me when I am 80. She had my same body structure (except she was about 4 inches shorter, which is approx. what I will be when I shrink to my destined senior size) and she had strawberry blonde hair and the same skin tone as me. There are more details that I won't go into, but let's just say it was a weird encounter to say the least, and I think I will be traumatized from it for the next year or so.
Old age isn't so bad when you consider the alternative.
- Maurice Chevalier Published by Mindy on Sunday, February 27, 2005 at 10:19 PM.
1 Comments



I saw myself at fourteen, a lady told me so (see blog).
Peace.