Go Go Gadget Legs


Yesterday we went to Regina for the day. It is only about 2 1/2 hours away, and we thought, "hey, if we live in SK, we should really check out Regina...the capital!" So we took a road trip with our friend Justin. It worked out really well because his brother and sister-in-law live there and they showed us the sites! I must say that it's not as bad as other people say. I guess it's due to the rivalry between Saskatoon and Regina...but I've always heard negative things about Regina (like that it's ugly and stuff). And I would like to say after my visit there: it's a nice place! Saskatoon is nicer...but it's not bad!

While there, we went to the science center and a mock world cup game between portugal and canada. Local teams play in a "world cup" (at least half the team has to have family heritage from the country they are playing for). It was a great game! And then we went to McNally's at night (a pub downtown) and heard a local band play. It was good, but we didn't stay too long because it was already 10:30 and we had a 2.5 hour drive home.

Although we were super tired when we got home...it was well worth the road trip. It was lots of fun!

Published by Mindy on Sunday, January 22, 2006 at 11:48 AM.
2 Comments

2 Responses to “Regina”

  1. # Blogger Arnold

    Yeah Regina is pretty cool. They actually have somewhat of a downtown with tall buildings. I saw the Pariliament Building and went to a Saskatchewan Roughriders game when I was dating Shannon.

    Peace.  

  2. # Blogger enitsuj

    Hey Mindy! stumbled on your blog from a mishmash of other CCC alumnis. Just wanted to say thanks for giving Regina a chance (where my family base still is) :) I still have bragging rights to Saskatoon for being born there!  

Post a Comment



© 2006 Go Go Gadget Legs | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.