Go Go Gadget Legs


Today I got my first ever (and hopefully only)Cardiogram. Before you freak out, it's just because I am having some chestpains, but everything came out clear and the doctor deduced that I have pulled some muscles in my chest (possibly around my sternum) from working out. But it was cool cause I got a cardiogram, and chest x-rays, and some wierd finger test that checks the CO2 level in my blood. Kind of intimidating at the time, but once he said all the serious stuff was clear and it's just pulled muscles, I thought it was cool.

They hook up these stickers and wires to your feet, arms, and chest. Then they turn on a machine and it makes a loud sound and prints out something. It's kind of what I picture a lie-detector test to be like. Then I went and got chest x-rays, all the while asking my uneducated self, "can this give me cancer?" but alas, my knowledgeable husband says it's such a low dose of radiation these days...not like the old days.

So, that was my day at the doctor. Crazy experience--and I'm glad to hear all I need is some Motrin and to work out at 25% of what I am currently doing(until I get better of course).

Published by Mindy on Monday, March 20, 2006 at 8:25 PM.
2 Comments

2 Responses to “Cardiogram”

  1. # Blogger Cathy-Jo

    You crazy work-out woman... Glad to hear you're okay!

    Miss you guys! When are you coming for a visit? Maybe I should visit you?? Hmmm...

    Love ya!  

  2. # Blogger Glow

    wasn't that fun? I had to get an echo cardiogram done here last month. What I appreciated the most was that here we pay for a cardiologist to read it. When I had one done in Asia, I was lying on the table as three technicians stood next to me staring at the screen talking about what they thought they saw. Then they wrote up a report.

    I'm glad you're ok after all. Happy workout!  

Post a Comment



© 2006 Go Go Gadget Legs | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.